Record to Report team is overseeing month end R2R process to ensure timeliness completion of closing and management reporting. The team is responsible for the general ledger accounting for Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, China, AU, NZ, UK, Germany and USA, included but not limited to the above-mentioned countries.
- All General Ledger Accounting including, but not limited to
o Fixed Assets
o Payroll entries
o Accrual and prepaid balances
o Leasing entries
o Intercompany Accounting
o Ensuring that all accounting and reporting is performed timely and in accordance with (local) GAAP
- Ensure all Balance Sheets accounts are fully reconciled and uploaded to FloQast
- Ensure monthly reconciliations and fluctuation analysis are well organized
- Partnership with other process and function managers, (P2P, OTC, FP&A)
- Respond timely to ad-hoc requests for information from USA/ EMEA Back Office.
- Maintains updated documentation and work procedures for all the significant areas and processes in an appropriate manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Work well with outsourcing agents to ensure the local compliance for audit, direct and indirect tax etc.
- Regularly update R2R desk manuals & working procedures to fulfil the SOX and internal audit requirement.
- Monthly close (MEC) and (half) Year End processing tasks.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a college or university in a business-related field (Finance or Accounting preferred) plus a minimum of 1 to 3 years related experience, SSC environment experience and MNC preferred. APAC, US, UK and Germany GAAP knowledge preferred
- Requires good knowledge of financial terms, concepts and accounting principles
- Must be able to adapt to changes based upon internal customer needs and manage multiple priorities. Ability to develop and maintain favorable working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Good computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired such as NetSuite, procurement software etc.
- Requires good analytical and quantitative skills, good work ethic and adaptable.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Good organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to internal customers.
- Ability to effectively present information in written and verbal effectively with partners ranging from staff level to company executives