- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners. Must have expertise in latest Windows environment, TCP/IP networking and wifi networking. Coverage includes PCs used for PLC control of industrial machinery and security monitoring systems (e.g. NVRs/CCTV).
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks including ensuring their security and identifying potential cyber threats.
- Establishing internal IT security policies, procedures, guidelines, standards and activities. Educating end users on company procedures & security issues.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and technical support requests across the company (this may be in person or over the phone).
- Setting up new machines and accounts for new users. Managing user requests for access to networks and specific restricted applications/websites.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary.
- Performing preventive maintenance, auditing and housekeeping of user machines. This includes checking and ensuring that all computers have antivirus running. To scan and clean-up virus infections and perform windows updates.
- Maintaining asset register of all IT equipment. Conducting warranty claims and coordinating vendor support for faulty equipment.
- Testing new technology and writing applications to help with automating tasks in the company using code or no-code platforms.